New Best Coast Song



Black Iris is streaming a new Best Coast song, "Our Deal," from her forthcoming solo album. You can listen to it here.

I wish I had an arbitrary rating system that I used for this sort of thing, because I would happily give this "5 out of 5 cats" or rank it on par with "The OC season one" (versus, of course, later seasons of The OC.)

What I am trying to say here is: listen to this song. I have been for the last half hour. It's a gorgeous, lazy, mournful pop song. I'm beginning to think that Best Coast writes those types of songs better than almost anyone else.

3 comments:

April said...

Dude, this song is awesome.

K. said...

I know, right? I'm so glad that you got into Best Coast because I kind of brushed them off & didn't feel compelled to re-listen to them until you started talking about them. I'll be sending you that shirt soon (along with a copy of my summer jams mix -- which, in response to your comment about summer jams on the other post, includes M.I.A. "Sunshowers" which is totally my M.I.A. summer jam.)

April said...

I'm having all these complicated feelings about California bands right now that Best Coast is pretty central to - like, I swear at least a third of why High School April set her sights on PDX was that all the music I was listening to was coming out of the Northwest, but here I am, almost five years later, and I am obsessed with SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA MUSIC! Is this a sign to move back??

I don't actually think so, but still.

Post a Comment

top